NEMESIS • The Day Of Retribution LP

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fingerprint Records 1984
What a score!!! Found this bad boy on my second trip to Sonic Boom for only $10! I guess that place isn't so bad after all. I have a feeling that this record is worth a LOT more, but I can't find anyone selling it online... I have seen the re-issue listed for more than $100 though. I'm just bragging about the good deal I got - I also bought cheap gas and got a great deal on bananas... who gives a shit! What really matters is how great this record is! I kinda assume that most people are already aware of this record, but in case you're not: NEMESIS was Leif Edling's proto-CANDLEMASS band. Musically this sounds exactly like CANDLEMASS, 'cept Edling sings, and his voice isn't nearly as strong as any of the CANDLEMASS vocalists'. However, I quite like Edling's voice, he is clearly not a trained singer, but there's something endearing about the inadequacies of his voice (and personally I'd prefer if he sang in CANDLEMASS instead of that SOLITUDE AETURNUS guy). "In God We Trust" is much faster than your typical CANDLEMASS song, as it approaches Thrash speeds, but with this exception, the songs plod along at very CANDLEMASSian speeds. "Theme Of The Guardians" and "The King Is Dead" are my faves... the TROUBLE-esque riffs in "The King Is Dead" are over-the-top! With the exception of the "Candlemass" reunion album, I prefer this over most CANDLEMASS material cuz it's more varied, as Edling hadn't yet developed the CANDLEMASS "formula". "The Day Of Retribution" is required listening for any Doom fan!
DOWNLOAD: Nemesis - The Day Of Retribution.rar (52.02 MB)

4 comments:

attitoque said...

dude

Alcolm X said...

Well said.

Zealot Crusader said...

The file isn't here anymore. Mediafire pulled it down :(

witchfinder said...

I have a re-issue of this album on cd. They call it "Candlemass Demo's". Wish you could get it relisted with so i can compare the two...