SYPHILITIC VAGINAS • Syphilitic Vaginas EP

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hardcore Holocaust Records 2008
This record rules... plain and simple. I'd never heard of these guys, but I saw it on the wall at Hits & Misses, and had to ask: did it actually sound like G.I.S.M.? Pete was nice enough to put the record on for me and I thought it was strange... slow, sludgy, and kinda gross sounding - I was sold, but it didn't sound much like G.I.S.M.. When I got the record home, I slapped it on and soon started to wonder... was it supposed to be this slow? So I tried it out on 45 RPM instead of 33 1/3 (which is what I'd heard at H&M) and it seemed plausible that it coulda been played at either speed. If it was supposed be played at 33 1/3 it woulda been kinda like COFFINS or some shit, and at 45 RPM more like G.I.S.M.. Thankfully it turns out it's supposed to be spun at 45, cuz I don't like COFFINS. Musically this is a cross between G.I.S.M. (duh!) and MOTORHEAD, and it's absolutely ripping. There's tonnes of effects on the vocals, the delayed uhhhh's and Tom G. Warrior style "death grunts" are killer, and they almost replicate the effects from "(Tear Their) Syphilitic Vaginas To Pieces" exactly on one track. "In Satanic Service" starts off with a guitar bit that's clearly inspired by something from the first BULLDOZER record... "Mad Man" maybe. Just phenomenal! I can't say enough good about this record... it's renewed my faith in new music. Stop reading this nonsense and download it!
DOWNLOAD: SyphiliticVaginas-SyphiliticVaginas.rar (32.52 MB)

6 comments:

Erich said...

Hmmmmm.

Alcolm X said...

Really? That's it? The more I listen to this, the more I love it! It's my "go to" record right now.

Erich said...

Hmmm. I want to be frank with you: It's horrible. total worthless garbage retro shit. Needless to say it's about as far grom GISM as Kylie Minogue.

Anonymous said...

I always thought there were similarities between Sakevi's vocals and Kylie Minogue.

Anonymous said...

Great song titles, but a total mess. Really and truly a mess.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely great!!! I'm sorry for you if you don't get it...