WITCHKILLER • Day Of The Saxons EP

Monday, March 30, 2009

Metal Blade Records 1984
Damn this record is warped to shit, and it skips like a motherfucker... ripping it was a serious pain in the ass. Maybe WITCHKILLER are just too Metal for wax. That'd explain why this is the only record that the band was able to put out. Metal Blade probably got fed up with complaints about warped vinyl, and decided that they couldn't afford to put out another WITCHKILLER record. Really too bad, cuz this is excellent stuff! Day Of The Saxons shows a strong Iron Maiden influence and is full of swords 'n' sorcery type lyrics... if that ain't enough to warp a measly slab of vinyl I dunno what is. Download it, but beware... it might be too heavy for your computer too.
DOWNLOAD: Witchkiller-DayOfTheSaxons.rar (34.13 MB)

7 comments:

Spacelord said...

Have this on CD from Metal Blade, excellent Sound.
Do you happen to have old Demos from this Lot ??
I know they exist somewhere. Thanks for a great Blog.
Cheers from Switzerland.

Alcolm X said...

Wow I'm surprised this one made it to CD.

Even though this record was a pain in the ass to rip cuz of the warpage and skipping, in the end it turned out nicely.

Sorry no demos.

Anonymous said...

Dude, your blog fucking rules. I found it a month ago, I now check it daily. Keep up the great work!

Todd said...

Cool, thanks for this. Great blog by the way; linked.

Dave G said...

witchkiller demos:

http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/search?q=witchkiller

Day of the saxon (my vinyl rip) on my blog:

http://rocketsciencerecords.blogspot.com/search?q=witchkiller

I love your blog and journeys you take to find metal records...Dave G

Alcolm X said...

Fuck! I just realized that WITCHKILLER are on the Moose Molten Metal comp I posted last year. I've got a brain like a goddamn sieve. It's a song from their last demo.

Anonymous said...

Thanx a lot!