DiANNO • DiAnno LP

Saturday, May 24, 2008

FM Records 1984
This album fucking sucks! Not just the music... everything about it is awful! Let's start with the cover shot of these geezers. Nothing about this picture is appealing. They don't look like a Metal band (prolly cuz this isn't much of a Metal record), they look more like a gang of Cold War-era Russians who wanna sell you some black market goods... bread, or denim, or whatever it was they sold - just complete lowlifes. Di'Anno (the man) went from being one of the most bad-ass frontmen of all time, to wearing parachute pants and associating with these losers. Hahaha - just read that their clothes were donated to them by Wrangler, I had no idea that corporate sponsors were in the habit of supporting such second rate tripe. OK, now for the music... I hope you appreciate the torture I had to endure in order to rip this album - it's 45+ minutes of my life that I'll never get back. In fact, this record is soooo bad that my cat jumped on the turntable, causing a huge scratch, while I was in the middle of ripping it - she must have seen the distress it was causing me, and tried to help in the only way she could. The entire album is rife with crappy keyboards, and piano, and AOR bullshit, and it reminds me of BRYAN ADAMS more than anything resembling Metal. "Road Rat" actually sounds like "Summer Of '69". "Razor Edge" has a bit that's a blatant rip-off of ALDO NOVA's "Fantasy"... and by comparing the two I'm doing ALDO NOVA a great disservice, because I actually like "Fantasy". Do yourself a favour and don't bother downloading this, unless you're curious about what Di'Anno was up to after IRON MAIDEN, or if you're wondering what effect alcoholism can have on someone's judgement... and career. This record now holds the distinction of being the worst album in my collection... and I own some real stinkers!
DOWNLOAD (if you're a masochist): DiAnno - DiAnno.rar (80.43 MB)

13 comments:

VimFuego said...

cuts like a knife destroys this shit.

Alcolm X said...

Yeah it totally does. As lame as it is, I'm starting to like those old BA songs.

VimFuego said...

where's the "absolute kife" tag?

gawdamn Phil Collins rocks harder than this mucilage. I'm now convinced that Dianno woke up with amnesia after Maiden gave him the boot. I think Bright Lights is the Aldo Nova knock off. I've clearly punished myself enough now. delete.

Erich said...

This might be the most selfless blog offering ever. Paul must have pretty much shot up every drug he could find in order to be able to be part of something like this. Speechlessly yours.

VimFuego said...

apparently Witchhunter was a BA fan and it was his (lame) idea to record Kids Wanna Rock or whatever the hell it was called.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? I dunno if I've ever heard the SODOM version, maybe on Arg Rock or something. Was just listening to "Ausgebombt"... can't believe he forgot how to play drums.

Anonymous said...

...and I thought everyone in Germany was a BA fan.

Anonymous said...

The best thing about this album is the line on the back of the jacket: "The band's outfits kindly supplied by Wrangler from their Spring 1984 range"

Anonymous said...

i actually bought this album back in the day ...played once and was then used as a placemat for dinner plate only thing it was good for....

abominogjnr said...

I have a pretty respectable eclectic vinyl collection of 2000+, none of which can compare to this album. bought it just for the dianno link and boy was i disappointed don't think the second side ever got played

Colin Grigson said...

I actually really love this album played it all through my summer holiday in 1984. Thought it was miles better than the 4th rate metal by numbers he rolled out with Battlezone and Killers and then just re-recording old Maiden songs which he slagged off. I'm obviously right as I've got a degree in particle physics

Colin Grigson said...

I actually really love this album played it all through my summer holiday in 1984. Thought it was miles better than the 4th rate metal by numbers he rolled out with Battlezone and Killers and then just re-recording old Maiden songs which he slagged off. I'm obviously right as I've got a degree in particle physics

Alcolm X said...

I stand corrected professor!