BLESSED DEATH • Destined For Extinction LP

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Roadrunner Records 1987
I had the pleasure of seeing these dudes a couple of times in the late 80s, and I hated them! The guy's non-stop, ear-piercing wail was infuriating, their slobby biker image was irksome (at the time I prolly woulda preferred if they were in jammer shorts or some bullshit), but what I really didn't like was that they made me wait for the other bands on the bill: AT WAR... and more importantly WHIPLASH! The photo on the back of this record irritated me... in a nutshell, I disliked everything about BLESSED DEATH. Even today I debated buying this slab for all the aforementioned reasons, and many others, but I swallowed my pride and returned home with a goddamn BLESSED DEATH record. I was right about the air-raid siren screams (they never stop!!), and he seems to have little sense of time, rhythm, or song structure, but as a band BD are absolutely crushing. Thrash that is almost a precursor to Death Metal; complex, relentless, and really just heavy-as-fuck. OK... I like BLESSED DEATH... there, I said it... are you happy now?
DOWNLOAD: BlessedDeath-DestinedForExtinction.rar (62.52 MB)

4 comments:

zeroid said...

I have exactly the same feelings about this band in that I love the actual songs and the sound but the vocals just make them unlistenable, and I personally can't get past that.
I did listen to a later album on napster or somewhere like that and the music was a lot less 'extreme', but thankfully so were the vox....

Alcolm X said...

Funny thing is, the guy (or someone in the band) can actually sing. There's 2 songs with awesome melodic vocal bits... too bad they didn't incorporate more of that instead of all those shrieks!

Metal Nicks said...

Blessed Death is one of the most underated Thrash Metal bands in Thrash Metal history, This post is really funny indeed and DFE album is there second BD album next to 1985 album Kill Or Be Killed, Blessed Death totally RULES!!!

bufonrebp said...

Thanks!!