VERBAL ABUSE • Rocks Your Liver LP

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boner Records 1986
Yeah yeah I know... I've heard it a hundred times: "Their first record is better", "It's not the same band", "They went Metal", blah blah blah and boo-fucking-hoo. You know what, that first record ain't got "Ratt Pakk" on it, and for that sole reason this record is superior. I first heard the track in question on CKLN's Aargh Rock back when this came out, and since then it has remained one of my all time favourites. Rocks Your Liver is Crossover. Kinda like THE ACCUSED without the extreme throat torture. Yeah there's Metal riffs, rockin' solos, some ridiculous lyrics, etc. but to me this still has a definite hardcore feel to it: ultra high energy, the band delivers every track with reckless abandon, and the sound is more akin to an 80s hardcore record than anything Metal. There's loads cool songs and killer riffs on VARYL, but it's Scotty Wilkins' vocals that really do it for me. This record rules, and if yer skeptical, just download it and check out "Ratt Pakk", it'll kick yer balls off!
DOWNLOAD: VerbalAbuse-RocksYourLiver.rar (64.38 MB)

2 comments:

RADIKAL ZINE said...

Great stuff, I think is best than your firt LP.

http://radikalzine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Is it your cd--rip? Or where did you get it with such high bitrate, huh?
But anyway, thanks!
Nickandroff