INDESTRUCTIBLE NOISE COMMAND • Razorback LP

Monday, October 5, 2009

Giant Records 1987
Found this one buried deep within the nether regions of my LP collection. Don't remember where, when, or why I bought this, but at some point I felt compelled to part with some hard earned cash in order to walk away with this slab. I do recall a pretty big stink about how great these guys were supposed to be when this, their debut, was released, but I can't say I understand why. By '87 the market was flooded with johnny-come-lately Thrash bands, and every new record was touted as the greatest thing since Bonded By Blood, but trust me, this ain't even close. Musically Razorback is typical Thrash, but the vocals are weak and uninspired, and the production leaves a lot to be desired. It's not terrible, it's standard and predictable, and as far I'm concerned that's worse than being crap... at least you remember crap. This is very reminiscent of the majority of stuff churned out by British thrashers in the mid/late 80s... yeah it's that bland, and life is just too short for generic Metal.
DOWNLOAD: INC-Razorback.rar (91.75 MB)

5 comments:

e said...

Arrrrgh! Another one of my all-time favourite albums you rag on!!! Heh, no harm done, I went to great lengths to find this on CD. After I wore out the vinyl and cassette several times.

It's got the raw enthusiasm as 1st album Metallica, with the attitude of early punk and great thrashing bits like Exodus.

It's a real shame they lost all of that for thier second (and last) album, with that one they truely went the safe and uninspired route.

But hey, with a name like Indestructible Noise Command, how can you not love it?

Cheers!

Alcolm X said...

Hahaha. I've been listening to the first WARGASM record non-stop for a few weeks now, and unfortunately most records pale in comparison to that behemoth. That might explain why I'm not so enthused by Razorback. I do love the name though.

e said...

I will fully admit that Wargasm kicks! I do miss all those 80s killer names like that, these days we get stuff like "Stir of Shadows"...not really anything to get your imagination fueled.

Heck, even modern great thrashers like "Nihilist" or "National Suicide" have so-so names.

Cheers!

mike said...

5th tier thrash!!!I still got this one on cassete along with Acid Reign,Virus and Zeotrope.Not the best,but better than alot of the shit I bought back then.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this album. I've been searching for it for a long time.