SORTILEGE • Sortilege EP

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rave-On Records 1983
Over the past few years this has become one of my all-time favourites. It's got it all: simple raw production, memorable and well-crafted songs, solid musicianship, and one of Metal's best vocalists in Christian Augustin. To be honest, this record wouldn't be much without Augustin's powerhouse vocal performance - when he screams out "SOR-TI-LEEEEEEEEGE" at the beginning of the the fourth track, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I really dig that everything is sung en français too - not understanding a word doesn't bother me because I honestly couldn't give a shit about what bands sing about, and French just sounds really cool, and adds to the overall vibe. Just FYI... the drummer's name is Bob Snake. Get it or get lost!
DOWNLOAD: Sortilege-SortilegeEP.rar (34.09 MB)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't heard any Sortilege yet, but your description reminded me of Lust (fr) - their album "Smoke on the Hills" is pretty cool. Have you heard it?

Alcolm X said...

No never heard of Lust, but I'll check 'em out. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry, the album is "We'll Never Die", "Smoke on the Hills" is one of the tracks.

...here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVkqRNKLwQM

Dave G said...

Heard of but never heard Sortilege. I am going to give this one a listen...Thanks.

Dutchboy said...

They recorded this ep just 15K's from where I live, I saw them at a festival and they where great, the singer sung even better than on the album.

Velkaarn said...

Excellent stuff, I'm only unhappy I discovered this so late! Better than most of the British, thanks so much for this!

Anonymous said...

It's a great band! I really like this EP, Thanks for uploading it!

Anonymous said...

You must also hear H Bomb 'Coup De Metal', another French EP also on Rave On records. That's the best EP ever recorded.