THE OBSESSED • Unreleased LP Cassette

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Private/Indie 1985
This is an unreleased album that THE OBSESSED recorded for Metal Blade Records in 1985... the band were never picked up by the label, and thus these recordings have gone unreleased lo these many years (to my knowledge they aren't officially available anywhere). Most of the songs, however, were rerecorded and are available on later OBSESSED and SPIRIT CARAVAN records, but there's a few ("Feelings", "Lifer City", and "No Message Negative") that haven't turned up elsewhere. There's also a cracking version of "Hiding Mask" here - one of my all-time favourite Wino tracks. These recordings capture the classic OBSESSED line-up at the top of their game, making most of these versions superior to their more recent renditions. Cuz this came to me via tape trading, I have no idea how many generations of tape hiss have been piled upon these recordings, but I've done my best to clean 'em up without negatively affecting the music. Enjoy!
DOWNLOAD: TheObsessed-UnreleasedLP.rar (52.64 MB)

5 comments:

VimFuego said...

wow! this is gonna rule.

Alcolm X said...

Goddamn the low end is outta control. I might have to redo these and clean it up a bit.

Todd said...

Oh wow, v. excited to hear this. Hey I think this is also a really great blog you have going on here. Your work is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot, this is great stuff, hiding mask is amazing!

Dale said...

Any chance of making this available again?