RIPPING CORPSE • Dreaming With The Dead CD

Friday, January 16, 2009

Kraze/Maze America 1991
It's been at least 10 years since I last heard this record, and I gotta wonder why it took me so long to get back to it. Dreaming With The Dead is an intense exercise in complex, intricate, razor sharp American Death Metal. I always knew this was good, but I've gained a whole new appreciation for it. I found myself marvelling at how the multi-layered guitars create an almost symphonic effect at times. Kinda MORBID ANGEL-ish, but RIPPING CORPSE were no wannabes, they carved a swath through the the masses of generic DM bands to create their own niche. Equally as heavy as Dread Cthulhu, and just as grotesque... RIPPING CORPSE fhtagn.
DOWNLOAD: RippingCorpse-DreamingWithTheDead.rar (65.9 MB)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A totally underappreciated album, probably because it came out on KRAZE. Phil from Nuclear Death had some stories about this band, especially the singer's Scut Farkas-esque green teeth.

Alcolm X said...

Haha. I had to look up Scut Farkas - good call. Even his photo on the album is kinda crazy.

Anonymous said...

New Jersey spawned quite a few awesome bands!

Damonacy being another hidden gem! You can download the demo's + unreleased song via the myspace fanpage. Check the blogs:
www.myspace.com/damonacy

renrats said...

Thanks, I've been looking for this.

Alcolm X said...

I don't remember anything about DAMONACY, but I have their sticker on an old guitar case. I musta seen them at some point. BLOOD FEAST were a fucking great NJ band!

osca said...

cuando todo el odio se convierte en musica!!!!!!!!