CRUCIFIED • Infliction Of Pain Demo

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Private/Indie 1990
These guys were a Thrash band from the small town I grew up in, and to be totally honest, I always thought they were a complete pile of shit (even when I played with them for a Summer). So I wasn't expecting there to be anything redeeming about this demo when I decided to revisit it, but I was wrong... sorta. CRUCIFIED deliver Bay Area influenced Thrash that borrows heavily from METALLICA and FORBIDDEN, and though it's not terribly original it's got a certain bargain basement appeal. Some of the solos are blatant rip-offs of Kirk's Kill 'Em All leads... which themselves , as we all know, are blatantly ripped off... and I dig it. Unfortunately all the songs tend to drag on, and they each become tedious at around the 3:30 mark. Though generic, and not terribly memorable, this demo isn't as godawful as I expected, and the "Symptom Of The Universe" cover is cool.
R.I.P. Enzo
DOWNLOAD: Crucified-InflictionOfPainDemo.rar (63.36 MB)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Al,
The tape I made of your band Nosferatu playing live is posted here,also the solo demo you gave me.
http://torontothrash.blogspot.com/2009/07/nosferatu-can-1988-burning-to-damnation.html
http://torontothrash.blogspot.com/2009/06/al-mccartney-ex-nosferatucan-demo-1990.html

Do you have any Necromancy tapes? I have some mp3's of the 1985 /86 demos & rehearsals.
I am missing the 1988 demo.

Alcolm X said...

That's hilarious. I can't imagine anybody wanting to hear that shit... but stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the NOSFERATU upload - I just ripped that demo myself (with a few "bonus" tracks)... then I saw that you'd already posted it.

Sorry, no NECROMANCY.

Anonymous said...

well the first day I uploaded the solo demo, 2 people grabbed it,and I don't really advertise my blog