PRIMAL SCREAM • Volume One LP

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mercenary Records 1987
Wow! I had no idea this was gonna kick so much ass! I saw PRIMAL SCREAM around the time this record was released and they failed to make an impression... so I'm very surprised by the quality, musicianship, and songwriting found on Volume One. At times I hear touches of East coast heavyweights WARGASM, AT WAR, and WHIPLASH in PRIMAL SCREAM's sound, but they are in no way derivative or unoriginal, just equally as talented and intense. Unlike many Thrash bands of the time, PRIMAL SCREAM offer more than just yer typical speed and aggression by incorporating classic Metal elements (sporadic "clean" vocals and catchy riffs) and some straight-up Rock guitar playing here and there. Top notch!
DOWNLOAD: PrimalScream-VolumeOne.rar (57.66 MB)

6 comments:

Zealot Crusader said...

The face on the left looks like an American Idol cast-off. Otherwise, good stuff.

Alcolm X said...

Ha! Not sure who you're referring to, but it reminds me of the BRUTAL TRUTH Sounds Of The Animal Kingdom cover... 'cept way shittier. Maybe like the artist's mock up, or rough sketch, of what the BRUTAL TRUTH cover would be.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I seen them play at The Concert Hall on one of the huge all day metalfest gigs the Rays put on.
Thought they were good.

Unknown said...

This was Keith Alexander's (Guitar on the first Carnivore lp)next band prety good stuff.

Unknown said...

Ugggggggghhhhhh. I love this album, but mainly because I played bass, sang and wrote 2 songs on it. It wasn't high brow stuff but It was said that we sounded like a pissed off Metallica. I would say that might be accurate. The Whiplash influence was definitely there because we did so many show with them, AT WAR, Overkill, what ever. The album cover art work was Man evolving into ape, and I still think the Rick Berger painting was expressive. Remember what album covers from that time looked like. Anthrax's fist full of metal, ect. Anyway thanks for enjoying it. RIP Keith Alexander, my brother.

Alcolm X said...

Hey Robbie. Thanks for commenting, and thanks for the great record!!!