CASTLE BLAK • Another Dark Carnival LP

Friday, May 29, 2009

High Dragon Records 1987
This record was intriguing for a variety of reasons: 1) the front cover features some sorta apparitional kabuki pirate, 2) instead of A and B sides Another Dark Carnival's got Slut and Balls sides, and to top the whole packaging fiasco off, 3) there's a track called "Glory Hole"... now I ask you, faced with this inescapable awesomeness what was I supposed to do, not buy it? Given the band's name I expected CASTLE BLAK to be Metal... real Metal, maybe even a bit Thrashy - apparently I shoulda looked more closely at the band photos! These guys really suck, and I mean hard. Commercial and wimpy, bland and completely devoid excitement or any sense of urgency, this is commercial Metal at it's worst. If this had come out in 1981 it might have been excusable, but to think that these dipshits were peddling this pap in 1987 is laughable and offensive. One final note: as if abusing us with their own songs wasn't enough, CASTLE BLAK decided to include a couple of covers. KISS's "Do You Love Me" is an apparent attempt to fully realize the song's crap quotient, and "Some Kinda Of Wonderful", popularized by GRAND FUNK RAILROAD, is possibily one of the worst songs, and cover choices ever. What more can I say to dissuade you from downloading this?
DOWNLOAD: CastleBlak-AnotherDarkCarnival.rar (75.75 MB)

5 comments:

Strad said...

the 1st Lp Babes in Toyland isnt that bad... but you are right this one is a turd...

80s guy said...

I remember loving these songs back in the 80s and I love them now, so thanks for putting it up

Alcolm X said...

I'm glad that somebody digs it... even if I don't.

80s guy said...

On second thoughts, it is mostly shite. But I still like the dark carnival song...

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings about this album. But for myself, it's really a masterpiece. You just need to give time to this album (and so a lot of listens)