ROGUE MALE • First Visit LP

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Music For Nations 1985
If I'm not mistaken, ROGUE MALE were to have us believe that they were some sort of post-apocalyptic future warriors... or wait, that might have been ATOMKRAFT, but I think ROGUE MALE were on the same tip. Only the band's "look" conveys any sort of futuristic vibe, as the tracks on First Visit have a decidedly (cock) Rock feel. They are much heavier than yer typical commercial Metal band, falling somewhere between MOTORHEAD and TKO, but futuristic they ain't. I was mightily impressed by this record, because my recollection was that it was a turd, when in fact it's a pretty good time. Any record with a track called "Crazy Motorcycle" can't be taken too seriously, and I don't think that was ROGUE MALE's intent... simply download and enjoy.
DOWNLOAD: RogueMale-FirstVisit.rar (71.47 MB)

6 comments:

VimFuego said...

sounds like Mike Muir fronting GBH/RawPower/Motorhead (Get Off My Back, Unemployment) with a few straight up rock songs throw in. dig it.

btw in 85 that haircut on the cover was all you needed to be futuristic.

Alcolm X said...

Good call on Mike Muir! It's spot on.

simontheat said...

tried really hard to love these guys - thought Animal Man was the better album though.

MTMadd said...

I loved this album back in the 80's. I bought it after it got a good review in Kerrang. They described the band as a cross between Metallica and Motley Crue, but whatever. I loved it. I much prefer this to Animal Man.

Metal Mark said...

These guys are back again..sort of. They had a song on their site late last year and it was pretty good. Very mid-80's Motorhead. First Visit is way better than their second album.

The Guitar Is My Sword said...

Hi, you have such a great blog! I have started to run a blog by my own, and I have already added the link to yours, on my bloglist. If you could do the same, it would be great! Thanks in advance, keep true metal alive!