RHETT FORRESTER • Gone With The Wind LP

Monday, March 8, 2010

Bernett Records 1984
I'm not all that familiar with Rhett Forrester. I know he replaced Guy Speranza in RIOT, but I like early RIOT so much that I've never been willing to hear anything after Fire Down Under (even though I own the Forrester-era records). Plus there's the whole Rhett Forrester/Rhett Butler Gone With The Wind thing - all a bit hokey if you ask me. But, I've sat on this record long enough and I figure it's time to take the plunge. Right off the bat this is much heavier than expected, the title track and album opener is a double time kick square in the nuts. The record carries on in similarly triumphant chest thumping fashion for it's entirety. Forrester's got a great voice, much like Blackie Lawless with a touch of David Coverdale thrown in for the more soulful bits. Good record, even if "Assume The Position" would make El Duce blush, and the drums are grossly over processed... these things can most likely be overlooked.
DOWNLOAD: RhettForrester-GoneWithTheWind.rar (72.33 MB)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to have this album back in the day and loved it... lost it when moving to Europe, and been looking for it for 20 years... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, the Riot comparison was a no-brainer, and for as much as I like this guy's vocals in that band, I am sure to at least be entertained with this one. Oh, and the Rhett Butler reference.... LAME (in that awful bad pun sort of way that's still kinda funny. :P

Zealot Crusader said...

Oh hey, I didn't know where to post this, so i put it here. I made a new blog and linked yours, because it's awesome, and I also linked my old metal discussions forum as well (which you are free to join). The blog is not as "metal" as the old forum, and is a gateway to it so to speak. It also has some fantasy/sci-fi stuff to it as well, and I'll be reviewing things like movies/books too. There will be some uploads for tunes, and I do take requests. Sorry if this post is a bit of a "plug" for the site, but I thought you might be interested. By the way, I did listen to the Rhett Forester LP, and it rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I don't think I have this album. It does not seem familiar, I must have a different one, or with a dif't cover.

Alcolm X said...

Yeah I'm pretty sure this was released with a different cover. Maybe the American version?

Anonymous said...

This cover is the European version the 1 you have is the American version.

bennett said...

Just wanted to drop a line and say you've got a KILLER blog here, man. Came across it this afternoon and I've already downloaded way too many albums. And as a fellow Thin Lizzy super fan, I can appreciate your specific tastes in the metal. Keep up the good work, man. And thank you VERY much for all the great tunes and additions to an already way-too-long vinyl wish list.

Alcolm X said...

Thanks for the kind words bennett. I'm glad you're diggin' it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, was searching for it since long time. Good souvenirs of it :))